Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Teacher Appreciation


I was inspired by a free printable at eighteen25 to make this cute wall art for my son's first grade teacher. She is a wonderful teacher who LOVES color and decorations in her room, so I think this will fit right in! 

I glued the subway art to a clip board that has a wire clip at the top, and tied colorful pieces of ribbon to it for dimension and added interest. 

It is so fun...just like his teacher. 


Only 7 days of school left...and all we have to do is take a field trip to the park, a farm tour, 8th grade trip to Minneapolis, driving range practice, 8th grade golf scramble (golf outings are my husbands' duty), a trip to the zoo an hour and a half away, a spaghetti fundraiser and finally...8th grade Mass and graduation, followed by a dinner. Oh, and Memorial Day is in there, my daughter is accepting the wreath for her school and my husband is in the VFW honor guard. Aren't the last days of school the craziest!!??

I hope everyone is enjoying spring and all the fun activities at the end of the school year!

Paula

2 comments:

  1. Perfect teacher gift! I may steal this whole concept for myself. I have an affirmation print I have been waiting to frame because I wanted to do something different. This may be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is just perfect and I'm sure she loved it! Thanks for sharing.
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete